Hello there. I’m a designer with over 10 years of solving problems for digital interfaces across different platforms.
Experienced in designing for iOS, Android, Mac OS & Windows native applications. Though I have a soft spot for web applications.
Currently a Senior Product Designer at EY.
Socrates Spyros Kolios socrateskolios.com
Resume & work experience- Print / Download this Resume -
NN/G Certified digital product designer.
Specialising in interaction design, user research and user interfaces.
EY | Emerging Technologies, Taxhive
Senior Product Designer London, UK ❘ 2019 ‐ Present
Working with the firm’s partners and clients within EY’s innovation hub, I help bring to life revolutionary tax technology solutions through a human-centric approach.
- Using rapid prototyping and design thinking to bring product ideas to life at internal workshops.
- Leading, designing and implementing Taxhive's design system and pattern library.
- Collaborating with customers and team members to create an outstanding user experience in an Agile environment.
- Continuously researching and evaluating UI/UX solutions and product features.
- Coaching and encouraging colleagues through constant learning to improve their skills.
Digital Product Designer London, UK ❘ 2018 ‐ Present
Working on small & short-term projects for Toptal clients as a digital product consultant and designer.
UX / UI Designer London, UK ❘ 2016 ‐ 2019
Enhanced Livedrive's products across both web and native (iOS / Android & MacOS / Windows) applications. Introduced a UX oriented culture & User Research methodologies.
- Created and implemented a design system to establish consistency across all products.
- Conducted UX Research and workshops to improve features across web, mobile and desktop applications.
- Fully revamped the user experience, accessibility and interface of the iOS and native desktop applications.
- Collaborated with the development teams and introduced lean UX agile methodologies.
We Got POP
UX/ UI Designer London, UK ❘ 2015 ‐ 2016
Performed research and user testing, assessing the usability of the casting platform.
- Administered interviews with stakeholders and early users compiled in a UX strategy.
- Performed user testing for core features of the product.
- Conducted further UX research for POP’s new online desktop application. Including comparative assessments, heuristic reports, survey data and user testing.
Web designer Nottingham, UK ❘ 2013 ‐ 2015
Designed and developed fully responsive product & services websites for a variety of B2B and B2C clients. Responsible for managing clients in an agency environment.
Design & UX
- UI & IxD design
- Lean UX
- User research
- Web development standards
- Accessibility guidelines
- iOS & Material guidelines
- Design systems
- Design thinking
- Invision / Marvel
Front end development
Certifications / Education
Boston Consulting Group (BCG)
Digital Transformation - Certification
University of Sydney
Design strategy: Design thinking for business strategy and entrepreneurship - Certification
Nielsen Norman Group
UX Specialist in Interaction Design - Certification
De Montfort University
BA (Hons) Graphic Design
IPS College of Athens
I/T Networks & Security Diploma
Feta Report - Podcast
Founder & host on Feta Report.gr, a bi-weekly podcast dedicated to life abroad for Greek Expats.